Friday 11 June 2010

Launchpad Relaunch

This set of shelves is intended to be our launchpad.  It sits in the hall opposite the door and the idea is that we all have a shelf where we store the things we need for the next day and so have an easy time locating and collecting them.

As you can see, it's become an unholy dumping ground of just stuff.  I had a blindingly obvious revelation this morning.  I know I don't want to be responsible for sorting out everyone else's messes, but that doesn't mean I can't gently tidy up what they've left until they deal with it. I set to, sorting out my own things, getting rid of any obvious rubbish from the other family members' shelves and just straightened it all up. 

I was reasonably happy with the result

Once other areas are in a better state the filing trays will move and that document box will probably go, but it's a start which I hope will spur on the others to do their thing!

2 comments:

  1. That's cool, well done, Laura! :o) I so need a launch pad! Maybe when the airing cupboard comes out I'll have space there. ;o) Sofas look excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I'm loving the idea of a launchpad...

    ReplyDelete