Thursday 27 May 2010

Another day, another twist

It must look like I'm decluttering my bank account of cash - had to take the car for an MOT, which showed up a 3 figure repair and that's before it goes in for a service.  Ah well, at least we're safe again

That all took longer than I expected so my plans for today have gone awry.  While waiting I just happened (hah, as if) to go into a couple of charity shops.  I fingered all of the vintage hand embroidered linens and being a good girl asked myself what I would do with them, where I would store them and happily left them for someone else to admire and take home. 

I could not, however, pass up the chance to pick up a beautiful silk jersey dress with a beaded neckline made by Ghost.  Looking on ther site their dresses when new cost at least 10 times what I paid.  So a bargain and a symmetrical one at that - a few months ago in a different charity shop I was beaten to another dress from the same label by a woman who had quicker reflexes than mine!

My second bargain (and last) was an Alice Starmore knitting book that I can admire for some of its stitch patterns and enjoy how she gets her inspiration then sell on for a hopefully reasonable price (currently going on E Bay for over £30 new)

so, that's 2 items brought in before I turf anything out today
blog comments powered by Disqus